World-Class Infrastructure and Cutting-Edge Learning
GEMS Millennium School, Sharjah, is set within a large, modern campus, fully equipped with the very latest, state-of-the-art facilities, allowing us to create a stimulating learning environment in which our students can learn, develop and grow.
To bring out the best in our students, GMS offers excellent learning spaces for work and play. We are committed to enabling our students to grow and achieve, with small classes allowing our teachers to know each child and therefore provide a personalized experience and guidance.
On campus, all classrooms are equipped with the latest IT infrastructure designed to assist teachers, and to enhance the learning experience for students across all ages.
To deliver a world-class education we have ensured our facilities are state-of-the-art.
Our students enjoy the benefits of:
- comfortable and modern classrooms with the latest IT infrastructure and technology;
- a wireless campus which enables computer network access from all student work and recreation areas;
- uniquely designed classroom spaces with interactive boards for delivery of our language acquisition programmes;
- imaginatively planned Kindergarten free flow areas ;
- seven STEM zones with
- Robotics and MakerSpace laboratories,
- cutting-edge highly sophisticated science laboratories and
- e-learning hubs (FabLab, Imaginarium, MakerSpace, TinkerLab, Collaboratory, iLab, Infinity Lab)
- ultra-modern science laboratories throughout the whole campus, with all the latest equipment
- three state-of-the-art ICT suites
- three well-stocked libraries with over 15,000 books
- large sports field with a 4-lane 200-metres synthetic running track with seating areas for spectators
- extensive recreational and sporting facilities, including:
- a modern multi-purpose hall
- full size basketball courts (internal and external)
- football field
- cricket nets
- traffic park
- swimming pool
- a contemporary cafeteria with indoor seating, serving a large variety of healthy food options;
- a large Auditorium for theatre productions and events;
- two sound-proof music rooms;
- large art spaces and creative design areas;
- open seating and learning spaces throughout the campus;
- outdoor seating for meal breaks in beautifully landscaped surroundings
- four specially designed prayer rooms
- two comfortable student lounges
While older students enjoy recreation activities at our modern sporting facilities— Aerobics, Zumba, Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Cricket, Football, Roller Skating, and Swimming —younger students explore the climbing structures or splash in the creative sand and water play areas.
Students are exposed to a myriad of the outdoors on field trips, but on campus amid lush green surroundings, they learn from an environmental classroom experience via facilities such as the Aviary and the organic garden spaces.
Conscious of our beautiful and unique location and environment, we recognise the value and importance of preserving the local habitat and its flora and fauna. We this in mind we aim to protect our unique surrounding environment and teach our students the value of protecting the environment locally and globally. We offer our students the opportunity to be involved in environmental programmes and clubs like our Environment Club, Green Thumb Club and Waste Warriors in order to both educate and introduce them to environmentally conscious behaviours.
- CCTV Security System - installed on all school buses, school hallways, libraries, and labs
- Phoenix Classroom - a state of the art learning management system with bespoke features and functionalities to support the School curriculum.
- Attendance System - for student attendance with automated Email or SMS alerts in case of absenteeism.
- GEMS Connect App - where parents can access and edit student information, pay fees, view their child’s attendance and assessment reports, submit leave requests, track the School bus and receive with real time locations and SMS updates, view circulars, earn GEMS Rewards and do much more in one place
Sport and physical education play a crucial role in the all-round development of our students - encouraging them to explore their talents, develop their skills, and enhance their abilities, whilst enjoying an active, healthy lifestyle.
We believe that all of our students should be able to enjoy physical education and extra-curricular sports activities, regardless of their level of skill and experience. For this reason, we ensure that all activities are held within a nurturing, encouraging and inclusive environment.
Extending education beyond the confines of the classroom, the School cultivates in students the values of team spirit, discipline and healthy competition through a wide range of sports activities.
The School offers a well-balanced programme in Sports and Physical Education. Specialised coaching is offered in a variety of games and sports activities. On-campus training facilities include:
- Multi-purpose hall
- Basketball courts
- Volleyball courts
- Football field
- Badminton courts
- Cricket nets
- Long jump pits
- Shotput arena
- 200 metres synthetic track and field
- Swimming pool with changing rooms for boys and girls
- Table Tennis
- Roller Skating
- Aerobics and Zumba
Science & Technology Facilities
We have a rigorous, interdisciplinary, standards-focused, and engaging STREAM teaching approach that is teacher-facilitated, student-centered and directed through sets of project- and inquiry-based projects. Through our unique approach, we promote 21st century skills, which includes collaboration, communication, creativity and critical thinking. It is a comprehensive and holistic educational approach that integrates Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (S.T.R.E.A.M) into the teaching and learning process. It is a means of offering coherent learning experiences that make connections between the individual curriculum subjects explicit and enhance learning in all of them. This approach allows the students to apply their learning in real life situations. It aims to hone student to become equipped as future leaders, entrepreneurs, creators and critical thinkers.
STREAM opportunities are meaningfully embedded within our curriculum framework. We have invested in Lego Education and PITSCO Education as their educational resources provide engaging, hands-on experiences our children need to explore core STEM concepts and link them to real-life phenomena.
Through our STREAM programmes, our students:
- Learn to investigate problems and find possible solutions
- Build collaboration and communication skills as they share their learning processes with their peers
- Learn to see failure as a form of information gathering
- Develop an understanding of how parts work together to create a whole
- Experience ‘hands-on, minds-on’ tactile educational tasks
Our seven futuristic innovation spaces are a veritable wonderland for creative and curious minds. These exploration-oriented spaces inspire students’ creativity and supports enthusiasm, experimentation and collaboration. They are equipped with the latest in drones, 3D printers, laser cutters, LEGO, LEGO WeDo, electronic invention kits, microcomputers and microprocessors, robots and robotics kits, construction and assembly kits, and coding, invention and creation kits.
- Infinity Lab
Information and Communication Technology (ICT Labs)
Our three ICT Labs have been designed to promote the early acquisition of fundamental computing skills through the careful use of ICT in their work and to prepare them for the fast-paced information age and possible further advances in technology that await them when they step onto the world stage, making them adept at problem solving and information research.